10 May 2010

Can't Go Back Now

...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~..

Yesterday, when you were young, everything you needed done was done for you
Now you do it on your own, but you find you're all alone, what can you do?

...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~..

This last year has been such an amazing year. I can't even explain how much I have grown up. I love my independence :)

...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~..

You and me walk on
'Cause you can't go back now

...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~..

And I wouldn't want to go back. I am so proud of where I have been and who I have become.

...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~..

You know there will be days when you're so tired that you can't take another step
The night will have no stars and you'll think you've gone as far as you will ever get

...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~..

Now, don't get me wrong, it has been a tough road and there have been times where I didn't think I could take another step. I was ready to give up, but because I didn't, because I kept on going, I have become who I am.

...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~..

And you and me walk on
'Cause you can't go back now
Go where you want to go
Be what you want to be
If you ever turn around, you'll see me

I can't really say why everybody wishes they were somewhere else
But in the end the only steps that matter are the ones you take all by yourself

...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~..

This last part has really hit home for me, and has made me stronger knowing that these steps I've been taking on my own are big steps and they matter. These steps are what makes me, me.

...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~..

And you and me walk on
Yeah you and me walk on
'Cause you can't go back now
Walk on, walk on, walk on
You can't go back now

...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~..

So, just remember... to keep walking on. You can't go back now, and you should embrace where you've been, it's what makes you, you! Be proud of yourself, and if you aren't, strive to be someone you are proud of :)

...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~..
Song Lyrics by The Weepies "Can't Go Back Now"

No comments: