31 January 2011

A To Do List

I saw a To-Do List online that was comprised of all of the different plans a couple had for their home. I am constantly thinking about what I want to do with my home, how I want to improve it, what little knick knacks I could buy to "spruce" it up. Many of the blogs that I follow allow me to search those items and ideas out, so I have decided to make a list of the things that I would someday like to complete on the house I currently own.

Exterior Projects:

Front yard:
  • Flower bed - new flowers/plants
  • New address numbers
  • Plant a tree
Back Yard:
  • Buy patio furniture
  • Plant a garden
  • Outdoor lighting

Interior Projects:

Master Bedroom:
  • Buy/make artwork
  • Buy a duvet 
  • New window treatments
Office/Work Out Room:
  • Organize and unpack
  • Buy a treadmill or other workout equipment
  • Move bedroom TV
  • Buy a DVD player for TV
  • Buy a shelf for TV and DVD player
  • New window treatments
Guest Bedroom:
  • Fill nail holes in trim
  • Paint trim, doors and ceiling
  • Buy/make artwork
  • Buy a small table (night stand)
  • Buy/make knick knacks
  • New window treatments
Living Room:
  • Find reclaimed wood and build a new coffee table (like this one)
  • Buy/make artwork (this is definitely a reoccurring theme)
  • Possibly paint the walls (and stairs) a new color
  • New window treatments
Half Bathroom:
  • Frame Cassie's painting and hang it
  • Buy new hand towels
Kitchen:
  • Paint cabinets
  • Buy new handles/drawer pulls for cabinets
  • Fill nail holes in trim
  • Replace countertop
  • Buy tile and make a back splash
  • Replace stove
  • Paint walls
  • Build shelves
  • Buy a kitchen cart
  • New window treatments
Okay, I think this list is about done, but I'm sure there is more I would like to do. This list may seem a little daunting (okay, very daunting) but it's nice to be able to put all of my thoughts down in a place where I can find them. Maybe I'll even start putting some of my decor ideas up here so I can get some feedback!

1 comment:

Cassondra said...

I can make you more art!!!! :D Maybe next time I'll even have the frame so you don't have to worry about it haha.