09 January 2011

Whoops!

Well, it has been over two months since my last blog post. I'm not sure why blogging is so hard for me these days, maybe it's just because I read so many blogs on a daily basis and think that I don't have anything very interesting to post myself. These past two months have been pretty great because I've been able to spend a lot of time with the people I love.

Thanksgiving was a nice relaxing time with just my immediate family. We went to my dad's school and played whiffle ball and badminton for a little friendly competition, (well, as much as that's possible with my family). My friend Drew joined us for Thanksgiving and the festivities as well.

After Thanksgiving I had to work for about a month and then it was Christmas. Christmas break presented itself as a wonderful time as well. My dad came over to Saratoga to pick me up because we had had a couple of nasty snow storms right before I was supposed to leave (and he had the week off). The next morning we left for Buffalo and spent about four days with amazing family there. It was so much fun getting to watch Owen open presents and sing and play with all of us. He is such an amazing little boy and so friendly! We left Buffalo Monday morning and headed back to Laramie. After another adventure down in Loveland I returned to Saratoga on Friday night just in time for a New Year's celebration. I got to bring in the new year with a bunch of wonderful friends that I am so thankful for!

I started school again on Monday with another new adventure, a student teacher! Mr. W is the new addition to our math staff, he'll be working with all three math teachers (Mr. H, Ms. S. and myself). The first week seemed to go pretty well for all of us. I am a little lost on what to have him do, but he is more than happy to jump in and help the kids. He is adapting quickly to his crazy schedule (5 preps... and I thought 4 was bad!) and slowly learning the kids' names.

I've started my adventure into graduate school and will be starting classes the end of June to get my Masters of Science in Teaching. It'll be a grand adventure and will keep my busier than I am probably prepared for, but I'm excited.

I think that's the brief update on my life. Now I am off to make Sausage - Lentil Soup... hopefully it's as delicious as the recipe sounds! Cheers to a New Year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

we both need to step it up in the blog area. Maybe we should do that 30-day picture thing that was going around facebook? Maybe it will inspire us.

Anonymous said...

we both need to step it up in the blog area. Maybe we should do that 30-day picture thing that was going around facebook? Maybe it will inspire us.